Nr. on the small map: 8 (Miltenberg)
The Black Quarter is the oldest part of Miltenberg with a lot of beautiful half-timbered houses, located between the Schwertfeger Gate and the Market Square. The Greinberg casts its shadow onto the Black Quarter, so that in winter the sun barely reaches the ground; hence its name. The oldest remaining half-timbered house of Miltenberg can be admired in the pedestrian area, Hauptstraße 136, and was built around 1339. By mistake, the year of construction was inscribed with 1333.