Nr. on the small map: 6 (Kleinheubach)
A few Jewish citizens lived in Kleinheubach as early as the 14th century, founding a latter congregation in the second half of the 17th century which commenced until 1942. The municipality had a synagogue, a new classicistic style building of 1808, at the end of the former “Judengasse” (Jews’ Road), nowadays Gartenstraße (Garden Road) – a byroad of the Baugasse. Previous to the building of a synagogue, private residences served as prayer rooms. A school, inaugurated in 1911, with teachers’ quarters, a mikvah, and a cemetery bear witness to a former lively Jewish community.