Nr. on the small map: 5 (Miltenberg)
The Mainz Gate, sometimes called Mainz Tower or Spire, was first mentioned in 1379, as the utmost western borderline of the town. The distance between both towers (Mainz Gate to the west and Würzburg Gate to the east) amounted to about 2km. The crest of Archbishop Johann of Nassau above the archway (original piece in the Museum Stadt Miltenberg), is reminiscent of modifications around 1400.