Nr. on the small map: 15 (Miltenberg)
The heart of town is, without doubt, the Market Square with its Market Fountain. Numerous magnificent half-timbered houses, the Schnatterloch Tower, the renaissance archway leading to the Castle, and the renaissance fountain (1583) by Michael Junker (see Bürgstadt # 9) blend into a coherent picture, which classifies as one of the most photographed images of Germany. House Clausius (Hotel Schmuckkästchen) with its oriel, also known by various other names, is particularly flashy. The probably most beautiful houses were built between the 16th and early 17th century and have presented themselves proudly until today. Also from the times after the Thirty Year War, there are still some half-timbered houses present and complete the setting.