Nr. on the small map: 3 (Bürgstadt)
In 1538, people heard for the first time about a bridge across the River Erf. On St. Michael’s Day in 1732 (Sep 29th), it was damaged by a devastating flood. In the same year, a boardwalk was timbered and later a massive wooden bridge, which was stone-flagged in 1738. The current stone bridge was planned and built by master builder Christian Wolf of Amorbach in 1753. The statue of Nepomuk was renewed in the 1960s.
Next to the bridge there is a piety column in memory of the victims of the Michelswasser.