Nr. on the small map: 3 (Miltenberg)
The Greinberg dominates the Main Valley at Miltenberg. Findings from the
Bronze Age confirm that the area was inhabited between 1700 -1200BC. There are two ringforts around the hill’s brow (highest elevation 452m above sea level). The outer ring wall covers an area of about 20ha. When the Romans arrived around 159/169AC the grounds had already been deserted. Romans worshipped god Mercury at the slopes of the Greinberg and built a temple for him in the center of the ringfort.
Evidence of worshipping Mercury is on display in the Museum Stadt Miltenberg.